Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Volunteer Director of the Board
Point of Pride is expanding its Board of Directors. We are looking for volunteer candidates who live in the United States and are compelled to help the transgender community by serving on the Board of Directors.
You will enjoy working alongside trans and allied leadership to provide the guidance and support necessary for Point of Pride to fulfill its mission, vision, and goals. Board members actively participate in areas such as finance, marketing, fundraising, strategy, and board governance.
Founded in 2016, Point of Pride is an entirely volunteer-operated 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We are a dedicated group of students and professionals, activists, writers, and fundraisers. We are trans women, trans men, queer, non-binary, and allies. We live and work all over the U.S. What unites us is our passion for bringing about meaningful, enduring change one individual at a time, and ensuring that vulnerable and isolated members of our community are seen and supported.
Together, we help facilitate life-changing support programs for the transgender and gender non-conforming community, including an Annual Trans Surgery Fund, a free chest binder donation program, a trans femme shapewear program, and an electrolysis support program.
To date, we have served thousands of trans people in all 50 states and 50+ countries.
Board Member Requirements
Ideal board candidates will be trans-identified or allies to the community; possess strong business or community affiliations as well as philanthropic interests; and have a desire to serve and impact the the transgender and gender non-conforming community.
- Commit to an average of 7 volunteer hours per week
- Prepare for and attend regular, monthly board meetings every first Monday of the month and committee meetings as determined by colleagues (Members are expected to prepare for and attend at least 75% of the monthly board and committee meetings.)
- Support Point of Pride's mission through volunteerism, fundraising and/or individual donations
- Help oversee and offer guidance on areas such as programming, fundraising and grant-writing, marketing and communications, and internal operations
- Become an ambassador for Point of Pride in the community
We are very interested in candidates with a strong background in these specializations:
- accounting, finance, and bookkeeping
- non-profit development and/or fundraising
- experience in coordinating volunteers
- experience supervising and working with youth leaders
Trans women, trans femme/non-binary folks, and trans people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
More information can be found via our website: https://pointofpride.org/board-applications/
How To Apply
Please submit your online application.
Once your materials are received, you may be contacted by a member of our team to schedule an interview or for next steps.
The deadline to apply is October 31, 2018.