Helps us end AIDS one cup of coffee at a time as a Barista!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Housing Works Bookstore Cafe
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
126 Crosby Street
Housing Works is powered by a vibrant community of volunteers who lend their time, dedication, and passion to many different roles within our organization. For more information about our mission and programs, visit our website: www.housingworks.org
If you are looking for something fast-paced and customer-oriented, join our team of Baristas! Responsibilities include making espresso drinks, serving food, stocking and maintaining the cafe, washing dishes, working at the cash register, and, most importantly, helping us sustain the warm, welcoming, and unique environment our café has come to provide. All training is done on-site, where you get to learn how to use the espresso machine and the basics of proper food handling.
- Complete an online application. You can find it here: https://www.housingworks.org/volunteer/bookstore-cafe
- Be least 18 years of age to be a barista.
- Attend a New Volunteer Information Session, to which you will be invited shortly after you apply.
- Commit to one four-hour shift per week for a minimum of six months. We are not recruiting short-term volunteers, so please apply if you can find a shift that will fit with your schedule for the next six months.
We are currently looking for volunteers with morning (10am-2pm) and afternoon (2-6pm) availability
All Bookstore Volunteers are also invited to volunteer at our special events, such as concerts, comedy shows, and book launches.
Volunteer Shifts Monday-Friday, 9-2p, 2-6p, 6-10p Saturday-Sunday, 10-2p, 2-6p
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
How To Apply
Please e-mail email@example.com with any questions