Service to Armed Forces (SAF) Regional Hero Care Network Caseworker Trainee
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by American Red Cross: Central New York, Finger Lakes and Southern Tier Chapters
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Red Cross helps members of the military, veterans and their families prepare for, cope with, and respond to, the challenges of military service.
Provide family follow-up services to military members and their families.
- Support SAF policies, procedures, and protocols related to family follow-up.
- Provide follow-up on all SAF cases in office’s jurisdictional area. Tasks include accessing the web-based SAF Case Management System (Self-Service), making follow up calls, and logging case notes on a regular basis.
- Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, military families, and veterans.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with American Red Cross policies.
- Positively represent the ARC to the military, their families, and the veteran community.
- Attend scheduled meetings with Supervisor and record volunteer hours monthly.
Volunteers with a phone, computer and internet access can work remotely.
Must pass background check.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
To start the volunteer application, simply:
- Visit redcross.org
- Click on “Volunteer”
- Click on “Become a Volunteer”
- Click on the red button labeled “Find Opportunities & Apply” located about half-way down the page
- Type in your zip code over the words “Volunteer in your area” and click “Update”
- Browse volunteer opportunities generally available in your community. Click on each position title to bring up position details.
- When you find a position that you would like to apply for (just one), click the red “Apply Now” button
- Fill out the boxes on the right side of the page and click on the “Create my Red Cross ID”
- Then complete all application steps including authorizing a background check