Habitat for Humanity AmeriCorps VISTA ReStore Development
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Indian River Habitat for Humanity of Vero Beach, FL
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
4568 N. U.S. Hwy 1
Indian River Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Our ReStore is a vital part of fulfilling our mission, funding one in every three houses that we build. The AmeriCorps VISTA member will help solidify the ReStore’s ongoing success by focusing on the following:
1. Develop, implement and document a volunteer recruitment, training, and retention program for the ReStore. Improved methods of volunteer onboarding, utilization and recognition will enhance our engagement with the community and its investment in the mission of our affiliate.
2. Develop, implement, and document sustainable marketing and outreach strategies that ultimately contribute towards an increase in unrestricted revenue from increased numbers of store purchases and donations. An increase in unrestricted revenue will in turn enable the affiliate to serve more families and communities.
3. Research and implement best practices for standard ReStore operating policies and procedures. Improving store operating efficiencies and best practices will help the store to run more smoothly, enhance the volunteer experience, and attract, engage and retain more volunteers. This will ultimately result in the ability to process more donations, increasing store revenue and the number of families served by our affiliate.
AmeriCorps VISTA living allowance of approximately $12,311.45 as determined by geographic area will be paid over the 1 year of full-time service
• Segal Education Award of $5,920 (lifetime maximum of 2) OR end-of-service cash stipend of $1,800 will be paid upon successful completion of service
To read about additional VISTA benefits, please visit the VISTA Campus.
• 18 years of age or older
• U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
• High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
• Driver's license and ability to meet host site's insurance requirements
• Personal vehicle
• Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please go to https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/indian-river-county-hfh-vista-restore-development to read complete job description and hit "Apply Now" to apply. For more information, please contact Volunteer Coordinator/AmeriCorps Host Site Manager: 772-562-9860, ext. 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about AmeriCorps VISTA benefits of service, please visit the VISTA Campus.