Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Habitat For Humanity Whatcom County
1825 Cornwall Avenue
Volunteer Position: Core Construction Volunteer (County)
Reports to: Paul Stromdahl, Construction Manager
Habitat for Humanity in Whatcom County is a local, self-sustaining affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that builds homes in partnership with local residents in need of stable, affordable shelter.
About the position:
Core County Construction Volunteers work on our build sites throughout Whatcom County, assisting our homebuyers with the completion of their homes.
This position primarily serves Whatcom County outside of Bellingham. We do not currently have any projects available for the Core Construction Volunteer (Bellingham) position, but if you would like to be notified of future projects, please email email@example.com to be added to the list.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Committing to one 7-hour shift per week at a “county” build location
- Subscribing to our HFHWC Builds Google Group email list to receive regular updates from our Construction Managers
- Working on construction-related tasks alongside Habitat homebuyers, staff and other volunteers
- Following safety guidelines and instructions from site supervisors, including Construction Managers and volunteer Crew Leads
- Providing own transportation, wearing sturdy closed-toed shoes and bringing bagged lunch on build days
- Treating all homebuyers, staff and other volunteers with respect
Schedule and build locations:
- Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9am to 4pm, with a break around 12pm for lunch
- Current build locations are Kendall and Acme
- Next two projects in the pipeline are located in Sudden Valley
- No experience required!
- Volunteers receive direction, support, training and supervision from Habitat Whatcom construction staff and volunteer Crew Leads
- Habitat Whatcom provides all tools and materials needed
- Age 16 or older
- No prior construction experience is needed!
- Prepared to work hard, get dirty and enjoy a wide array of weather
- Able and willing to take directions and take safety very seriously
- Willing to attend a New Volunteer Orientation and sign a Release and Waiver of Liability before beginning work
- Able to pass a background check: Habitat Whatcom is unable to accept volunteers with convictions and/or pending charges of a violent or sexual nature
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please fill out the following online form: http://www.hfhwhatcom.org/volunteer/construction/core-county