Spring Gift in Kind Skilled Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Save the Children - US Headquarters
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Save the Children
501 Kings Highway
The Gift in Kind (GIK) portfolio is a large component of Corporate Partnerships fundraising, encompassing ongoing donations as well as donations in emergency situations, both in the U.S. and around the world where Save the Children operates. This position will support the prospecting, outreach, and overall support of the GIK team.
As a skilled volunteer, you will be given the opportunity to network with other Save the Children volunteers and employees and participate in learning sessions about various topics spanning the breadth of Save the Children's work. Through this experience, you will gain a greater understanding about the international development community and how it intersects with the private sector. You will also gain transferable skills that are applicable to a variety of roles, particularly in the non-profit industry, marketing, sales, and client services.
- Prepare overviews on prospect companies
- Research companies who may provide GIK in particular industries
- Participate in / prepare materials for fundraising outreach calls to prospects
- Support for Skills-Based Volunteering projects as needed
- General administrative support within GIK as needed
- Possess strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be eligible to volunteer in the U.S.
- Please attach resume and cover letter to your application
What’s In It for You
- Structured learning and development program
- Meaningful work under the direct supervision of an experienced Save the Children staff member
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Networking program with managers across the organization
- Flexible schedule
- A family friendly work environment
- The knowledge that the work you are supporting is changing the lives of children all around the world
· Skilled Volunteer
· Part-time: 12-16 hours/week
· Dates: January 29, 2019 through April 26, 2019
Save the Children does NOT provide housing or transportation
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children Representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of Child Abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of Child Abuse. All Save the Children Representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.