Social Media & Development VISTA
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Alliance for Community Transformations
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Alliance for Community Transformations (ACT), a grassroots collection of community members striving to empower youth and prevent substance abuse in Bennington County, is looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to serve as the Development and Social Media VISTA.
The VISTA will serve closely with the ACT Program Director and coalition members to maintain current and generate new funding streams for ACT as well as explore social media and community outreach as a means of increaseing youth engagement. The Development and Social Media VISTA should demonstrate strong writing skills, an interest in civic engagement, and a flair for social media.
- Assist Program Director with reporting, tracking, and management of $500k Drug Free Communities Grant (Federal grant)
- Maintain database of potential grant opportunities
- Research, write and edit grant proposals
- Develop social media campain to increase engagement and reach
- Update Wordpress website on a monthly basis
- Attend coalition meetings
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Zeal for research
- Knack for organiztion and planning
- Collaborative, self-starting, problem solver
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- No prior grant writing skills neccessary
AmeriCorps VISTA is a service year program dedicated to building the capacity of organizations that alleviate poverty and work with vulnerable and low-income populations in their community. The service year gives passionate individuals an opportunity to build their professional skills while making a tangible impact on the community. VISTA is a yaer-long, full-time commitment (August '17 - August '18) with multiple benefits:
- $1,000 monthly stipend
- $100 monthly rental assistance
- $5k - $6k Segal Education Award (education scholarship that can be used to pay existing student loans)
- Travel and moving reimbursement
- Childcare stipend
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please apply using the AmeriCorps application portal.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the position, please contact Dare Meunier at the Alliance for Community Transformations at firstname.lastname@example.org.