Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
The Health Educator will Promote, Maintain and Improve individual and Community Health by assisting individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors in Kapkatet Market, Kericho County, Kenya.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To determine community health needs and the availability of services, and to develop goals for meeting needs in Kapkatet Market
- Develop and present health education and promotion programs such as training workshops, conferences, and school or community presentations in Kapkatet Market.
- Develop operational plans and policies necessary to achieve health education objectives and services.
- Develop, conduct, or coordinate health needs assessments and other public health surveys.
- Prepare and distribute health education materials, including reports, bulletins, and visual aids such as films, videotapes, photographs, and posters.
- Provide guidance to our organizations in the assessment of health education needs, and in the development and delivery of health education programs.
- Provide program information to the public by preparing and presenting press releases, conducting media campaigns
- Develop, prepare, and coordinate grant applications and grant-related activities to obtain funding for health education programs and related work for our organization.
- Possess an understanding of community level work and the importance of collaborating and coordinating with other organizations;
- Effective communication and documentation skills;
- Ready to to learn Cultural and linguistic for the population served; and
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission.
- Relevant personal experience is a plus.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Anyone interested in Community Health
Should you require more information or wish to submit application?
Email us at email@example.com