Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you enjoy managing numbers, accounts, and budgets? Do you have experience in managing insurance policies? How about summarizing financial records in reports? Do you desire to be part of the Great Commission but can’t live overseas? We have the position for you!
Be part of the team that provides resource assistance for aviation field programs and aviation here at JAARS. Your work will help provide the support needed to make Bible translation and language development possible through the delivery of people and supplies to the needed areas.
Manage and/or audit the financial budgets and insurance policies for JAARS Aviation.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Prepare operating budget draft for submission to the entity
- Manage budget upon its approval
- Audit financial status of entity accounts
- Keep financial records and prepare annual financial report
- Coordinate and purchase insurance policies for aviation programs worldwide
- Supervise the overall functions of the administrative office staff
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to investigate and scrutinize
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or tertiary schooling
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of financial budgeting and reporting practices
- Familiarity with insurance policies
- Experience supervising people
- Aviation background or experience desired
- Experience or knowledge of financial software desired
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020