Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
H.E.L.P. Malawi is currently searching for Primary School Teachers to join our international volunteer program at a Malawi local government primary school for the 2018-2019 academic school year. Whether you are a fully qualified teacher, in training, or even unqualified but looking to gain experience in the classroom, you are welcome to join in our volunteer program in rural southern Malawi. Placements from September-December 2018, January-March 2019, and April-July 2019.
- Tutor small groups of learners in English (ESL) throughout the school day at Nanthomba Primary School!
- Partner with a government teacher to ensure students are receiving the best education possible in the classroom.
- Co-teach the after-school English Activity Class and other activities offered at the school.
- Live within the local community to experience the life and beauty of Malawi!
- Long-term placements (3-month) available
International Volunteer Program offerings:
- Experience of life in a rural community in Africa and life-changing cross-cultural experiences!
- NO FEE for joining us - you just fund your own trip and international travel insurance (required)
- Long and short-term volunteer placements, catered toward your needs and availability
- Opportunities for secondary and special interest programs/projects
- Housing provided (max 4 volunteers) with running water and solar electricity
- Airport pick-up and full orientation included in addition to on-site support
- Successful applicants must have excellent communication skill, at least two years of college education, previous teaching or relevant volunteer experience and a great sense of humor and self-motivation!
- Must be at least 18 yrs old
- Cross-cultural experience; working in diverse environments and teams
- Self-Motivated, a self-starter
- Adaptable and flexible to live in rural African community and can manage in difficult situations, extreme weather (depending on season) and unique challenges of living
- Passion and desire to make a difference in the lives of others, culturally sensitive, open to Malawian ways and not imposing Western perspectives, standards, and ideals.
Established in 2006, H.E.L.P's mission is to develop the pathway for children living in rural regions of Africa to become integral members and leaders in society through quality education. H.E.L.P. is committed to cultivating the academic potential of each child through a comprehensive range of opportunities in primary school to prepare students for the next level of education and to support those efforts through secondary school scholarships.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Those interested should take a look at our website at http://helpchildren.org/
For information on our International Volunteer Program detailing our different long and short term opportunities, please email Amy at email@example.com