Board of Directors, DC Audubon Society, Washington D.C. -
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by DC Audubon Society
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
District of Columbia
2018 Recruitment for DCAS Directors
Do you have a passion for birds? DC Audubon Society, a chapter of the National Audubon Society, is seeking to fill vacancies on the Board of Directors for terms beginning October 2018. Directors serve in a volunteer capacity for renewable two-year terms.
The mission of the DC Audubon Society is to promote the appreciation and conservation of birds and their habitats through the participation of those in the DC area. The Board of Directors oversees all governance aspects of the organization and manages all chapter programs and activities, including community bird walks, educational programs in DC, community outreach, and advocacy for conservation of birds and their habitat. For information on the current Board of Directors visit https://audubondc.org/board-of-directors/.
For the Oct. 2018 – Oct. 2020 term, we are especially seeking candidates with
- nonprofit board/committee experience and/or an interest in accounting & finance;
- social media, communications & marketing;
- PR and graphic design;
- bird and animal care advocacy; leading or assisting with bird walks.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Chapter is committed to developing a Board of Directors that is representative of the population of the District of Columbia. Directors are not required to reside within the District of Columbia.
Responsibilities of Directors of the DC Audubon Society (DCAS) include:
· Demonstrate support for DCAS mission by promoting its good work, generating goodwill for the organization, encouraging support for its efforts, and keeping informed about its programs and activities.
· Be a member in good standing and make a financial contribution to DCAS to the best of your ability.
· Regularly attend monthly Board meetings that are held the second Thursday of the month.
· Participate in DCAS events,
· Contribute knowledge and skills in areas that support the DCAS Strategic Plan, including serving on at least one committee.
· Participate in ongoing strategic planning.
· Support review and approval of an annual budget Participate in fundraising activities to support DCAS operations, programs and services.
· Help DCAS reach diverse communities and grow its membership.
· Act in the best interest of DCAS and avoid conflicts of interest.
How To Let Us Know You Are Interested
If you have a passion for birds and bird conservation and are interested in opportunities to lead in a nonprofit setting, please email a statement of interest and your resume (or summary of relevant experience and qualifications) to email@example.com by September 10, 2018.