A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1952 1st Avenue
Back to Humanity is a grassroots organization working to provide resources to survivors of sex trafficking to facilitate healing and professional development.
We are looking for a creative and self-motivated Volunteer Community and Events Coordinator. Currently, we are completely volunteer run and therefore work remotely. Please note that since we are a small team, our roles tend to overlap and tasks may vary.
We are looking for a candidate who is fueled by the issue and is able to work independently and remain driven.
- Create strategic plans to diversify the fundraising events for the organization.
- Coordinate small-scale fundraising events such as donation based yoga, meditation, or martial arts classes.
- Creating awareness and recruiting attendees for events
- Building relationships with individuals and local organizations
- Be prepared to take on a diverse range of tasks
- Candidate must be able to attend 1 meeting a month in Manhattan
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in social justice work, women's issues and human rights
- Be able to think outside the box and bring ideas to life.
- Positive, flexible, and friendly personality
- Highly Organized
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Must work well independently with limited supervision
- Be able to take constructive feedback and integrate it effectively
Time Requirement: 5 hours/week
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Sunita@backtohumanity.org with 'Community and Events Coordinator Volunteer' in the subject line.