Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Near ST Therese Nursery and Primary School, University Street, Molyko-Buea.
South West Region
After achieving good success in Mile 16 and Tole, Global Medicare Foundation has launched a two years program in the district of Eyumojock covering 66 small villages. The purpose of this program is to identify WASH problems and develop strategies and raise funds to address health issues related to WASH. Amongst awareness raising, sensitization campaigns on STDs, HIV/AIDS, Typhoid, Malaria, water borne diseases, maternal health and many others, GMF will wishes to build a strong community based committee in charge of managing water resources and prevent future water borne diseases in Eyumojock district.
We are seeking a volunteer grants writer for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and persuasively communicate GMF’s mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
· Research grant opportunities
· Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations,
· persuasively communicate the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
· Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
· Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
· Ensure prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
· Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
· Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals’
· Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
· Coordinate all grant processes, develop forms, processes, procedures, and policies for the purpose of implementing a consistent grant application methodology.
· Develop grant applications and related documents
· Evaluate degree of match between listed grant priority areas and the needs of Global Medicare Foundation for the purpose of matching needs with funding sources.
· Monitor proposals and funding application requirements
· Monitor the financial management of grants
· Participate in and lead, if appropriate, meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying, sharing and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
· Provide support to Global Medicare Foundation various projects for the purpose of ensuring that the programs strategic goals are met.
· Support the Executive Director through preparation of written materials and presentations for the purpose of getting out clear and effective communications.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with Raisers Edge and funding resource databases. Candidates must possess an ability to work well under less comfortable conditions and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, a Bachelor’s degree, and minimum year of relevant experience are required.
Language/Cultural Support Available