A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The ARISE Africa Foundation is a nonprofit organization that is working to increase the number of Nigerians that get tested and treated for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD). By Actively Raising Interests in Sexual Epidemics (ARISE), we hope to contribute to Nigeria's attainment of the United Sustainable Development Goals 3 and 5, which include: ensuring good health and well-being as well as gender equality respectively. Overall, our work focuses on education, leveraging the power of the media to instigate change and providing a means for Nigerians to get tested and treated for STD.
The Treasurer is responsible for overseeing the management and reporting of ARISE’s finances. He/she works closely with the leadership team to establish ARISE’s financial strategy. Under the leadership of the Vice President, the treasurer identifies suitable grants/funding organizations for possible grant application in accordance with the established funding strategy. The treasurer also works closely with the grant writer to finalize grant applications.
· Maintain financial records and ensure accurate compilation and reporting of finances in accordance with established rules and regulations
· Keep track of filing requirements and deadlines; actively work to meet all requirements within the allotted timelines
· Develop and execute financial management policies
· Researches and identifies potential funders
· Experience in a nonprofit setting or financial management and reporting
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· A self-starter who can work independently and can also be a resourceful team player
· Passion for ARISE Africa Foundation’s mission
Language/Cultural Support Available