575 5th Avenue
As part of our ongoing work and expansion in the 2017-18 academic year we are seeking gap year students to volunteer in New York City for 3 to 6 months and provide support to our programs. The exact tasks will be dependent on the Gap Year Fellow’s skills and interests as well as balancing Project Rousseau’s needs at the time. We hope that the Gap Year Fellow would be involved in some of the following aspects:
• Individual Student Support: working with those with high needs such as those requiring citizenship support, in the juvenile service or with other academic/personal needs.
• Coordinate Broadening Horizons events: ensuring we offer a wide variety of events for our students, from museum visits and NBA games to international trips to Japan!
• Engaging new students: visiting local partner schools to recruit new students and share the benefits of joining Project Rousseau.
• Social media management and website maintenance: writing regular news articles, collating feature articles and ensuring a strong online presence.
• Support strategic planning: assist in research tasks under the direction of the Program Director
How To Apply
To apply for a Gap Year Fellowship please send a short personal statement of 500 words to
firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your interest in the fellowship and relevant experiences, such as volunteer work. The preferred start dates are late August or early January.