Forced From Home - Chicago Exhibition Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
The Daley Center
50 W Washington St
Doctors Without Borders is seeking passionate volunteers for Forced From Home, an exhibition on the global refugee crisis. We are coming to Chicago and will be located at The Daley Center from Sunday, September 23 - Sunday, September 30.
Forced From Home is a one-hour guided tour through an interactive exhibition designed to educate the public about the global refugee crisis. With experienced Doctors Without Borders aid workers leading the tour, visitors can engage with stories and materials gathered from refugee camps, sea rescue missions, and emergency medical projects around the world. This immersive tour will bring visitors closer to the real experiences of people displaced by violence and extreme hardship worldwide.
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly, and reliable volunteers to help us staff the Forced From Home exhibition. Exhibition Volunteers will assist in a variety of roles on-site, including visitor registration, crowd management, virtual reality administration, and logistics support.
There are two volunteer shifts on exhibition days:
Weekdays (Monday - Friday)
- Morning shift: 8:30am - 2:15pm
- Afternoon shift: 3:30pm - 9:15pm
Weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Morning shift: 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Afternoon shift: 2:00pm - 7:30pm
Special skillsets are NOT required for any of the volunteer positions, however, those volunteering on the days before the exhibition dates for a "Load-In" volunteer shift must be comfortable lifting 30 pounds.
All volunteers must be 18 years of age on the day that they volunteer. There is no upper age limit to participate, however volunteers should be comfortable being on their feet, potentially in inclement weather while on site.
For more information and to sign up to volunteer: www.forcedfromhome.com/volunteer
Questions? E-mail FFHVolunteers@newyork.msf.org
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Volunteering in five easy steps:
- Complete the volunteer sign up form: https://doctorswithoutborders.formstack.com/forms/volunteer.
- Read the volunteering terms and conditions, and submit a background check. Upon completing Step 1, you will receive the terms and conditions and a link to complete a background check. (Note: Doctors Without Borders is required to conduct a background check of all individuals who volunteer at Forced From Home.)
- Sign up for your desired volunteer shifts.
- Attend the optional volunteer orientation on site. Volunteer orientations will take place on the Saturday before the exhibition opens in each city.
- See you for your volunteer shift!