A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
9404 East Marginal Way S
A Gallery Ambassador is a volunteer mixture position between concierge and security guard. The Museum places Ambassadors at the main entrance and in the Charles Simonyi Gallery encouraging guests to learn about the Museum.
- Provide on-the-spot customer service to visitors
- Provide welcoming, helpful, and friendly service to all visitors
- Direct visitors to admissions, store, etc., and other amenities as needed
- Stay knowledgeable of current exhibitions and events and be able to connect visitors to information they are seeking
- Energetic, outgoing, and friendly individuals with an enthusiasm and interest in the Museum of Flight.
- Ability to succeed in a crowded, noisy atmosphere
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for at least three hours at a time
- Skilled with interacting with the public, retaining a courteous manner at all times
- Speak fluent English; fluency in other languages is a plus
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and adhere to the preferred dress code
Volunteers are asked to work at least two shifts per month with a one year commitment. The museum is open seven days a week. Shifts are 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM and 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers