A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3211 Shannon Rd Suite 420
Join the Executive Service Corps (ESC) of the Triangle
ESC consultants provide professional, affordable consulting services to nonprofits, to help them achieve their missions. Our services are provided by dedicated and experienced former senior executives who are committed to making a difference in their communities through pro bono work.
What You Gain by Volunteering for ESC
- Translate the knowledge and perspective you have gained throughout your career to help Triangle nonprofits
- Make meaningful connections with inspiring people who are motivated by the satisfaction of creating lasting change
- Impact a broad array of nonprofit organizations versus volunteering for just one or two
- Enhance lifelong learning experiences through professional training and challenging engagements
- Receive a deep sense of fulfillment from contributing to a dynamic professional organization that helps Triangle nonprofits achieve their missions
- Realize a flexible, part-time schedule by committing 16-20 hours per month making a difference in your community
Our clients are nonprofits in Wake, Durham, Orange and Chatham counties in fields such as social and human services, arts and culture, religion, civic services, and health care.
Our services include board development, strategic planning, retreat facilitation, executive coaching, guided organizational assessment, communications plans and more.
- Retired, work part-time or have a flexible schedule
- Over ten years of senior management experience in business, nonprofit, government or academic sectors
- Content expertise in key areas such as strategic planning, finance, human resources, marketing, operations, etc.
- History of involvement with nonprofits as a board member or volunteer preferable
- Commitment of 16-20 hours per month for each long-term engagement
- Ability to travel during business hours to client’s location at times that fit the client’s needs
- Attendance at ESC training courses and seminars
How To Apply
- Review the complete ESC consultant position description
- Submit a consultant application through the website
- Call 919-294-9803 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions