Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3124 W. Irving Park Road
The position: We are seeking a special events planner (on a volunteer basis, unpaid BUT with the potential for a paid part-time job in the future) for an animal rescue, sanctuary, and advocacy group located in the Albany Park/Irving Park/Portage Park neighborhood in Chicago.
About us: Famous Fido is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to reduce the number of homeless pets euthanized each year through our adoption program, community education, and promotion of spaying and neutering. We receive no federal or state funding and rely solely on community donations, fundraising events, and volunteers to support our operations and care for the animals. By volunteering here, you would be contributing meaningfully to the care of dogs and cats, allowing them to live the rest of their lives safe and loved. We also advocate for legislation and ordinance changes to secure rights for all animals. For more information, visit our website at http://www.famousfidorescue.org
Your responsibilities will include:
· Coordinating all aspects of event preparation;
· Creating event timeline and/or agenda, including planning additional events throughout the year, filling each month in with smaller events;
· Creating and tracking event costs and budget (working with the bookkeeper);
· Creating, seeking approval of, producing and sending invitations for all events;
· Tracking event RSVPs;
· Working with leadership to create message and materials to be delivered to attendees;
· Working on planning and execution of the Celebration of Life, our major fundraising event of the year; and
· Planning and promoting animal rights events.
Estimated time commitment: About 20 hours per week.
· Excellent communications skills;
· Demonstrated integrity;
· Excellent organizational skills and sound judgment;
· Collaborative skills;
· Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office;
· Ability to multi-task, meet crucial deadlines, and work with a variety of people in different situations; and
· Enthusiastic commitment to our mission and the animals we serve.
How To Apply
To apply: Send an email to our executive director Gloria Lissner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Write the name of the volunteer position to which you are applying and send us your name, contact information, and a few sentences about your qualifications and why you are interested in this position. In the alternative, you may send us a resume, but please be sure to tell us what motivated you to apply for this opportunity.