A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
(A) Develop and implement media and related external communications strategy:
· Proactively increases the positive visibility of IYF’s activities and results worldwide with the media and among key stakeholders, ensuring the development and implementation of a media outreach plan, key messages, and work plans to achieve communications goals;
· Advises HQ Bureaus and Country Teams across the globe on media outreach and other communications activities and mobilizes them to support key communications initiatives, especially in times/issues of high potential global visibility including important public events, other newsworthy opportunities;
· Leads, manages and motivates communications, media and advocacy staff, overseeing personnel in the recruitment, performance and career management processes.
(B) Oversees media relations and news coverage:
· Leads the media and advocacy Team in all media outreach activities;
· Provides leadership and oversight in order to target journalists from in donor and Member Countries and to develop communications tools (press briefings, feature stories and op-eds) to implement the media outreach plan;
· Ensures that all media relations efforts are focused on improving the IYF’s positioning in priority areas as well as leading the Team to spot and take advantage of newsworthy opportunities and emerging stories;
· Provides strategic advice to Regional Communications Advisers/Specialists based in the regions and HQ communications focal points in developing and implementing tailored media strategies.
· Oversee the IYF corporate websites and provide coaching and guidance to IYF organizational units including Country Teams, in enhancing the quality for the worldwide network of the IYF contents and websites.
(C) Increases IYF’s visibility through new and innovative partnerships with media organizations, including new media:
· Through the fostering of new partnerships with media, private sector and other organizations, works to increase the visibility of the IYF activities and advocacy including through public information and profile and awareness-raising campaigns, public events;
· Provides ongoing strategic direction, advice and guidance in the organization of campaigns and advocacy activities and, working closely and collaboratively with the Manager, Online and Digital Communications and with the rest of the Online team, leverages social media and multimedia in all communications activities, including the production and dissemination of video and other digital and visual communications products;
· Gives strong, strategic and creative editorial direction and guidance for news and feature stories, op-eds, videos, statements, press materials. Ensures that all written and multimedia external materials produced by the communications team are of excellent quality.
· Strategic planning and creative Thinking.
· Planning and Organizing.
· Drive for Results.
· Collaboration and Teamwork.
· Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
· High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
· Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, members, volunteers and other supporters.
· Ability to interact cordially and communicate with a diverse community.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Highly interest in youth empowerment issues.
· Knowledge sharing skills are required.
Experience and results preferred at national level preferred in communications role, media, advocacy, development, youth issues, sport, women empowerment, youth-led organizations or another relevant field.
Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Send us your resume and cover letter to the e-mail email@example.com