Gaming Non-Profit Looking for a Syndication Associate (Content)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Do a Barrel Roll
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you love to write?
Have a story to tell?
Confident researching online?
Do a Barrel Roll is looking for you!
Who are we?
We're Do a Barrel Roll (http://www.doabarrelroll.ca), a Canadian registered non-profit using the power of gaming of all types, from video to tabletop, to drive positive change in the lives of individuals and communities. We focus on themes of inclusion, acceptance, belonging, friendship, community, and healthy living.
What are we doing?
Do a Barrel Roll is working on a project to challenge endemic narratives about gaming by highlighting how it can be a vehicle for positive change, pro-social behaviour, community development, inclusion, acceptance, belonging, and healthy living.
We are looking for personal stories, thought pieces, and contributions by gamers all over the world. We think of gaming in the broadest possible sense: video; arcade; table top; mobile; AR/VR; LARPing; escape rooms; and, plenty of other categories. In particular, we are interested in stories that showcase how gaming has been a means by which gamers have found a sense of belonging, acceptance, inclusion, friendship or developed a community. Stories are the most powerful means of communicating this message.
And as our volunteer Syndication Associate, we need your help!
What are you going to do with us?
As our Syndication Associate, you would be supporting our efforts to tell the stories of gamers often left out of the news. In particular, you would be responsible for the following:
· Creating and maintaining a list of possible outlets for manual syndication of articles (read: Medium);
· Register and maintain our syndication platform accounts;
· Scheduling and managing the syndication of our content on manual platforms;
· Develop and maintain a plan for joint publications, including creating and maintaining a list of organisations, individuals, and actors with whom joint articles/stories can be written;
· Contact and follow up with partners for joint publications as applicable and needed;
· Develop and maintain a plan for partnership with leading gaming websites and publication/media outlets for content syndication;
· Other duties as required.
Who you are:
You should be an excellent writer and copy editor.
You must be a self-starter - excited and eager to work independently.
You should have a good ability and confidence to source and contact partners.
You should be able to build and maintain basic databases (Excel or other software).
You should have an understanding of content syndication, including prominent platforms, or be willing to quickly learn.
You should know how to research effectively.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV, a short writing sample (doesn’t have to be specific to this volunteer posting) and the name of your favourite game to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this position is remote/at home and does not include remuneration.