A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
District of Columbia
Contribute to your community while using your professional expertise, and work with talented peers in a rewarding, volunteer-based environment! The Rare Genomics Institute (RG) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure.
The Copywriter will write marketing and promotional copy for print and digital media: including advertising, direct marketing, flyers and brochures, e-mails, and social media posts. This volunteer position will also write and edit feature stories, edit and review copy to meet brand standards and tone-of-voice guidelines, manage content calendar across multiple channels, and collaborate with in-house design team to develop concepts and campaigns.
- Plays a key role in content development across all media, including digital and print deliverables.
- Collaborates with graphic design team on campaign concept development
- Works closely with department and division members and coordinates deliverables with project managers.
- Presents copy to teams and internal clients for approval, negotiates changes, and corrects and revises copy until approved.
- Serves as copy editor for copy submissions from other internal departments
- Proofreads print and digital deliverables.
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, public relations or related field required.
- Experience, with relevant writing samples to demonstrate proficiency across multiple deliverables.
- Experience with developing content for social media.
- Corporate Relations Development experience
- International Volunteers