Resource Expansion (AmeriCorps Vista)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
9720 West 87th Street
To ensure that the healthy foods, assistance and case management necessary for rural Kansans to break the cycle of poverty get to those in need efficiently, the Rural Resource Expansion VISTA project will create and implement systems for the distribution, organization, outreach and volunteer support necessary to expand services. Duties include developing and teaching health and nutrition classes, recruiting and training volunteers, analyzing and improving systems, and organizing community outreach activities.
By accepting this opportunity you will be required to become a member of the AmeriCorps VISTA Program; a stipend for this placement will be made by AmeriCorps and CCNEK.
- Assist with developing, organizing, and managing volunteer opportunities and donation drives to increase the Reception and Placement program’s capacity.
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities to help increase support and efficiency of the program.
- Develop and teach health and nutrition classes.
- Create rural outreach plan and systems for target communities.
- Assist the Rural Resource team in identifying potential areas for increased efficiency and eliminate redundancies.
- Assist with identifying and gathering resources that will help the program.
- Participate in team meetings and trainings.
- Work together with the Rural Resource Team Leader to develop & implement new volunteer opportunities.
- Provide training and support to clients, volunteers and donors.
- Stipend Provided