A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO Box 100923
Do you have a desire to use your talents to serve your community? Do you have a passion for helping others recover from disorder eating? Rock Recovery is seeking professional therapists to lead weekly therapy groups for men and women striving to overcome eating disorders, including anorexia, bulimia, compulsive eating, and food/exercise addiction.
Volunteer Responsibilities: Approximately once a month, this volunteer would be responsible for leading a small a therapy group (about 10 individuals). This meeting will consist of a meal prepared by a nutritionist and a therapy session. These sessions are held either on Sunday evenings between 5:00 - 8:00PM in the Arlington Courthouse metro area OR in Washington, DC in the McPherson Square area from 6:15 - 9:15 PM.
The time commitment (5 - 8 hours/month) includes group facilitation, completing, reviewing, and updating client notes, making suggestions for improvement, monthly treatment team meetings, and staying abreast of general communications.
Applicants are required to commit to serve with the organization for *at least* one full year.
- LCSW, LPC, Art Therapist, or clinical psychology degree [Post-graduate clinicians seeking supervised clinical hours (LCSW, LCPs, ATRs, and psychologists) are welcome to apply]
- Graduate degree
- Strong facilitation skills
- At least one year working with individuals suffering from disordered eating
- Ability to support Rock Recovery’s faith-based perspective
- 2+years working with clients
- Experience in or working within the eating disorder community
- Excellent referrals and high performance reviews in past positions
- Communicating Effectively
- Establishing Safety and Trust
How To Apply
Before you apply: Please read job descriptions carefully and follow application instructions. Note that we are a mostly service organization. We offer only volunteer positions. While you do not need to be a Christian to work with us, we do ask that all staff are comfortable with supporting us as a faith-based (Christian) organization