Development & Donor Relations AmeriCorps VISTA
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by ReSOURCE: A Nonprofit Community Enterprise
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
ReSOURCE: A Nonprofit Community Enterprise Inc.
329 Harvest Lane
This is a 12 month AmeriCorps VISTA position that will support ReSOURCE’s Development & Communications Department with a particular focus on building the capacity of the organization through a capital campaign designed to secure our permanent home in Chittenden County while developing additional training opportunities, measures that tell our story, and innovative new programs and partnerships in support of ReSOURCE’s mission.
ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit organization with a mission to empower individuals and strengthen Vermont communities through workforce development, poverty relief, and environmental stewardship. ReSOURCE’s job training and education programs provide life changing experiences and create paths to avoid poverty for youth and Vermonters in need of employment.
Goals of this position:
- Continues development of marketing & branding, with an emphasis on building upon a new website, blog, social media, and content support, as well as increasing community outreach and awareness of these programs as part of the capital campaign.
- Supports our Capital Campaign. Serving with Donor & Community Relations the VISTA assists in the planning, creation, and implementation of committees, coordination, and events to lead to a successful campaign.
- Engages in Community Awareness & Engagement Activities with a larger focus on how we will effectively maintain these new systems and document our processes.
- Assists in fundraising for the Capital Campaign and general ReSOURCE operations through grant research, proposal writing, submission, and events that lead to successful support of mission and programs and eventual completion of the capital campaign.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- College Degree preferred.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with constituents, donors, business partners, and the general public.
- Demonstrate strong professional writing skills, computer proficiency, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and access to personal vehicle.
- Commitment to ReSOURCE’s, and AmeriCorps missions.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Timeline & Benefits
The candidate for this position will be selected in August. An AmeriCorps pre-service orientation is required hosted by AmeriCorps. The position will start at ReSOURCE in Williston August 20th. Each AmeriCorps VISTA member will receive a living allowance, paid on a bi-weekly basis, based on the local poverty rate, and a housing subsidy to cover a portion of the member’s monthly rental expenses. AmeriCorps members earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award for successful completion of the program. More information about AmeriCorps is available at nationalservice.gov.
How to Apply
Apply with resume, cover letter, and 3-references (only complete applications will be accepted) to: email@example.com. Please specify your interest is in the Development & Donor Relations AmeriCorps VISTA position. Save paper – electronic submissions only please!
ReSOURCE serves diverse populations throughout Vermont. As a workplace, ReSOURCE is strengthened by diverse perspectives. ReSOURCE seeks applicants who reflect the diversity within Vermont and who bring unique talents and strengths to ReSOURCE’s programs. This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer. Services to individuals with disabilities are available upon request.