Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
St. Anthony Foundation
150 Golden Gate Avenue
The Tech Lab is the Tenderloin’s only free technology center specializing in bridging the digital divide and looking for technology solutions for issues of poverty. The Tech Lab provides direct services to over 100 homeless and low-income individuals through classes in basic and intermediate computer skills, specialty workshops, one-on-one tutoring, and drop-in access.
The Tech Lab Teaching Assistant volunteer provides direct customer service with guests which includes setting a welcoming and respectful tone in the classroom, ensuring a positive Tech Lab experience and pleasant learning environment for guests. Teaching assistant volunteers will assist in teaching single or multi-session courses (MS Windows 7, MS Word, Excel, Web Intro, Gmail, File management, and Social Networking), ultimately helping students resolve technical related questions. As a candidate you must be willing to work with a variety of student abilities to meet everyone's needs.
- Strong computer skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, data entry, data search, internet research.
- Ability to train clients in basic computer skills, including Internet and Email.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including problem resolution and customer service.
- Desire and/or experience engaging with diverse and low-income populations, many of whom have experienced homelessness, substance abuse and/or trauma.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish), but not required.
- Punctual, reliable, collaborative, and team-oriented.
- 3 month minimum.
- Weekly shift preferred, but not required.
- Shifts occur Monday - Thursdays from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you are over 18 years of age, fill out a volunteer application: https://www.stanthonysf.org/volunteer/specialized/
We will contact you after we review your application. This position will require a brief interview.