Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Who we are
More Than A Drop is a young, dynamic foundation, with its HQ in Switzerland. In Moshi, Tanzania, we started our operations with our Hospitality College for young women. The boarding school offers annually a 12-month intensive course to 35-40 students from rural and slum areas from below the poverty line. The project aims at the best possible and includes a instructional B&B and instructional Restaurant. Sustainability on an individual level (student) is the highest goal and thanks to this practice environment, the performance oriented and well structured curriculum more than 90% of our graduates find a well-paid job. We promote sustainable development and socially responsible tourism with our B&B/Restaurant/Tours: 100% of the revenues finance the school. Both enjoy highest reviews on TripAdvisor, Booking, etc. Our school is a duly registered, international Foundation of Tanzania and is accredited by the government body (VETA).
After having successfully implemented the first phase of the project, we are now planning the second phase (scale-up).
Please visit http://foundation.morethanadrop.org/ and http://school.morethanadrop.org/ or for more information
Our vision is to become a benchmark for life-changing empowerment programs for severely disadvantaged adolescent girls (school-drop outs)
What Makes Us Special?
The success rate. More than 90% of the graduates find a job. The integrated, highly practice-oriented pedagogical approach, paired with a close support of the students, the various life-skills instruments.
- Optimize, strengthen the pedagogical concept and supervise/lead its implementation
- Introduce new, modern tools and instruments to increase learning efficacy
- the selection of the students,
- Train the teachers and trainees
- Teach classes (hard, soft and life skills)
- set up individual / self-learning concept as well as blended and e-learning
- Responsible for the M&E
- Sets up strong relationships with other schools as well as teaching organizations, such as SES, Kitchen without Boarders, Hotel Management Schools, etc.
- Female mandatory, (>35yrs of age)
- B.A/ B.S degree (or equivalent), pedagogy or business studies
- strong and proven background as a teacher/trainer
- Experience in supervising teachers and train/support them
- Experience in similar schools (or environment/project) such as vocational training centers, etc.
- Hotel/tourism experience a great plus
- Commitment to service and passion for youth/adolescent
- international development experience required
- Experience living in Africa required
- Ability to work in highly collaborative environment
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, problem solving, multitasking, goal oriented
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Work well under minimal supervision and be self-motivated
- Drivers license
How To Apply
How To Apply
Interested? please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org., with:
- your motivation letter,
- CV/resume, and
- the two responses to the below scenarios (max 400 words each)and include in your application materials.
You work closely with the teaching staff to improve the education provided to learners but are facing some issues with staff motivation. When you suggest new ideas and activities that will broaden the development of the learners the teachers say it is more work and they should therefore receive more money. How would you approach this situation?
You intend to introduce new teaching tools and teaching methods but can sense a resistance from the current teaching staff.
Please explain the steps you would take to approach this situation resp find a solution.