A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
B~STEM Project (www.bstemproject.org) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Our primary goal is to providing young girls and women with unique programming opportunities that offer a comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach to business and STEM instruction. Our secondary goal is to provide an extension of holistic programming for youth (both girls and boys) in collaboration with educational institutions and organizations nationally. We seek to open pathways for emerging talent to engage, learn and grow on an academic and personal level. All our programs are free, allowing exposure into a variety of industries from entertainment, advertising and fashion to information technology, agriculture, aerospace and life sciences.
B~STEM was founded in 2015 by Tracie Dean Ponder.
B~STEM’s Board of Directors seeks to add new active members to provide strategic guidance on growth and expansion, help increase fundraising capacity, galvanize volunteers and help us continue to fulfill the goals and objectives of our mission.
We've already partnered with major corporations such as: Google, YouTube, Verizon Digital Media, Samsung, Kastner & Partners, Robert Half Technology, Microsoft, Leo Burnett, CBS, Kelly OCG, Motorola and more. Feel free to visit bstemproject.org and check out some of our post-program videos.
We are currently recruiting for diverse leaders who are:
- Passionate about the mission of B~STEM and can actively engaged in organization's growth and impact
- Willing and able to commit time, financial resources and expertise to help B~STEM achieve its mission
- Able to use their network, resources and influence to extend organization's reach and visibility
- Familiar with the active roles and responsibilities for member of nonprofit board of directors
We are also seeking individuals with the following professional experience, access and connections, and personal characteristics such as:
- Diversity of age, gender, race, religion, thought
- Willing to galvanize and inspire volunteers
- Ability to help with fundraising initiatives
- Assist with securing corporate sponsorships
- Connections to foundations that might support B~STEM
- Identifying grant opportunities
- Expanding organization's professional network
- Entrepreneurship and experience with start-up growth and expansion
- Growth strategy expertise and / or insights
- Marketing and communications
- CPA/nonprofit accounting
- Experience with hybrid organizations
- Legal accumen
Board members for B~STEM are expected to:
- Attend 4 board meetings per year. Read materials in advance of meetings and come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Serve on various committees to help develop strategies, activate plans and drive initiatives
- Play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for B~STEM to achieve its mission.
- Leverage personal relationships and connections to help the Development Committee and Founder identify and solicit potential funders
- Invest in B~STEM’s work by making a meaningful personal contribution each year by giving $1,000 annually to support B~STEM’s programs and operations.
- Represent B~STEM in the community and advocate for B~STEM’s mission, programs and services.
Board terms last for 3 years and board members can serve additional consecutive terms when re-elected.
For more information please contact email@example.com. We look forward to you joining us as we create unique opportunities for students to engage, learn and grow.