Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Vangie Williams is looking for motivated volunteers to help her with historic bid to become the first woman of color to ever represent Virginia in Congress. Vangie has built a talented team of experienced professionals and now we need volunteers to help us make history. We're running a grassroots campaign built around cutting-edge technology and a people-first strategy. Now we need committed activists to be a part of our field program and community outreach. We are seeking:
- Volunteer Coordinators (10-20 hrs/week). Identify, recruit and manage volunteers under the direction of the Deputy Campaign Manager. Help coordinate volunteers and utilize skills where best needed. Experience organizing door knocking, mailings and volunteer trainings preferred. Excellent administrative and organizational skills, patience and ability to work with all kinds of people.
- Field Coordinators (10-20 hrs/week). Experience with leading volunteers in door knocking and making phone calls. Will assist in coordinating get-out-the-vote effort, track activities under direction of Volunteer Coordinator and manage volunteers in designated areas.
- Social Media Managers (10-15 hrs/week). Will work under the direction of the Media Director to build digital presence with voters. Excellent writing and communication skills, video production support and experience managing Facebook and Twitter through a social media management platform.
- Social Media Ambassadors (3-5 hrs/week). Will work under the direction of a Social Media Manager to build digital presence with voters.
- General campaign volunteers (3-6 hrs/week or more if interested). Volunteers are needed to attend events, make phone calls, canvas door-to-door, place yard signs and be an ambassador for the campaign. We will put any skills to use that you bring to the table that will make our campaign a success.
*Volunteer staff can work remotely.
*College students, recent graduates are welcome.
- Training provided
- You will join a historic, grassroots campaign and get to work directly with the candidate and her team.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Send email to email@example.com with subject line “Volunteer for Campaign”
- For staff positions: Send a short-typed resume with relevant experience or a link to your LinkedIn profile.
- For general campaign volunteers: Include days and times available for assignments and meetings. General volunteers need only submit contact info and day and time availability.