Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Off Krofofrom Road
Who We Are
Cocoa360 (local entity: Tarkwa Breman Community Alliance) is a 501c3 non-profit with a mission of developing and sustaining robust health systems for cocoa-growing communities in rural Ghana. The NGO is based in Tarkwa Breman, a cocoa farming village located in the Prestea-Huni Valley District in the Western Region of Ghana.
At Cocoa360, we believe that education fundamentally shapes a child’s lifelong health and impacts their ability to make sound health decisions. We therefore go beyond medical treatment – focusing on education for the most vulnerable target of risky health behaviors and infections – young girls.
Our “Health Equity Campus” – a tuition-free girls’ school and community clinic situated amid our 40-acre cocoa plantation, combines prevention programs and treatment measures to form an innovative approach to health equity.
Tarkwa Breman Girls’ School (TBGS) was established in 2016 by Tarkwa Breman Community Alliance (now Cocoa360), which is dedicated to alleviating gender inequity and providing quality health care to the community through a self-sustainable model. TBGS provides tuition-free education to girls starting from crèche to high school in Tarkwa Breman, Western Region of Ghana.
As we are expanding the school, we need YOU, a motivated and knowledgeable deeply passionate educator who is committed to our girl’s education.
Based on your qualifications, you may also be considered for the role of Headmistress/Head of Education Programs for Cocoa360. Our organization is at an exciting inflection point and, there is room for growth within the organization, dependent upon performance.
Video of our campus : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgmPM0XZ--c
Advertised position has minimum duration of one-year.
· Teach Arts, Music and PE in KG 1, 2 and Class 1
· Develop and design kindergarten and primary school curriculum
· Develop and implement creative and effective lesson plans and learning materials
· Initiate and organise various programmes and activities to provide our girls with diverse learning experiences
· Assist in administrative work or ad hoc projects as required
Our perfect match/ qualifications:
· Degree holder in Education or related discipline
· Minimum 2 years’ solid experiences in related field
· Very passionate in inspiring and educating kids
· Detail-oriented, hands-on and with good organizational and project management skills
· A team player, accommodative and patient
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Fluency in spoken and written English
· Good command of Twi is highly preferable
· Experience of working in an NGO is an advantage.
Benefits and Perks:
· Stipend to support the partial cost of a round-trip ticket to Ghana
· Stipend to support the partial cost of meals every month.
· Free accommodation for one year.
· Language and culture support will be provided
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Send your resume, cover letter and a short writing sample to email@example.com with subject line: “Teaching Fellow”