Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Volunteer Chair
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Las Vegas Affiliate
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
6605 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Volunteers power the passion and progress of our cause. The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN)
prides itself on a nationwide grassroots army, inspiring over one million people to take action and accelerate
progress in the fight to end pancreatic cancer. With guidance from PanCAN staff, local affiliates are led by a
volunteer leadership team that includes an Affiliate Chair, PurpleStride Chair, Mission Chair and November
Awareness Chair. This leadership team engages other volunteers and community members through
committees supporting the organization’s mission at the local level.
PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN
while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Event
Volunteers Chair plays a critical role in ensuring PurpleStride has the necessary volunteer power and
coordination to run smoothly.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Recruit and effectively manage a sub-committee chair to support your efforts around planning and
logistics of event day volunteers.
• Collaborate with other PurpleStride planning committee chairs to define volunteer needs for site setup,
packet pickup and event day. Outline volunteer instructions for each area.
• Actively recruit volunteers to fill the defined needs.
• Regularly communicate with volunteers from the time they register through event. Welcome them,
figure out best placement for their desires and skills, outline what to expect, send reminders and
• Onsite volunteer coordination. Welcome and check in, train and instruct as necessary and direct to
designated assignments. Reassign as necessary to ensure high priority areas are covered.
• Check-out and excuse all event day volunteers at the completion of event.
• Post event volunteer appreciation.
• Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with PurpleStride Chair.
• Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
• Respond to inquiries within two business days.
• All volunteer committee positions are expected to regularly communicate with their local volunteer
leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a commitment
to the PanCAN mission.
Strong leader, communicator and motivator
• A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Remain poised in high energy situations
• Knowledge of community
• Strong time management
• Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
• Event Day Volunteer Chair Guidebook and access to resources via online platform
• Webinars throughout the year
• Inside Track e-newsletter
• PurpleStride Chair
• PurpleStride Planning Committee Chairs
o Team & Individual Development Chair
o Sponsorship & Flagship Chair
o Logistics Chair
o Media Chair
o Event Experience Chair
About the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) is dedicated to fighting the world’s toughest cancer. In our
urgent mission to save lives, we attack pancreatic cancer on all fronts: research, clinical initiatives, patient
services and advocacy. Our effort is amplified by a nationwide network of grassroots support. We are determined
to improve patient outcomes today and to double survival by 2020.