Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
LaneCoArts is an emerging dance theater company based in New York City, currently seeking to expand its board. We are looking for dance lovers and arts enthusiasts eager to experience development within a non-profit organization and ready to attend the various performances and engaging activities that come with this territory. Board members advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, advocate and fundraise on behalf of LaneCoArts. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your skill set to the development of cultural life in New York City.
LaneCoArts is a unique blend of dance, theater, and visual arts. The mission of the company is to create a rich and dynamic dialogue that fuses a distinctive movement aesthetic, deep emotional exploration and stimulating visual and dramatic narrative components.
· Attend board meetings held five times per year.
· Attend performances and events.
· Share LaneCoArts mission with others.
· Assist with fundraising efforts.
· Donate $1,500 annually.
· Purchase tickets for the LaneCoArts annual fundraising benefit.
· All professional experience and abilities are valued.
· Of particular interest are fundraising, business development, grant writing or marketing and communication skills.