The best administrative coordinator for a medical clinic in Guatemala
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Health&Help Medical Clinic
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
A charity organization Health&Help is looking for an Administrative coordinator, to be based in the village of Chuinajtajuyub, Totonikapan area, in Guatemala and help the organization pro bono.
Health&Help is a charity project that aims to provide the local population in remote areas of Guatemala and Nicaragua with medical services of high quality. We offer healthcare to those in need free of charge.
Read more: https://he-he.org/en
In this role you will be expected to handle administrative issues, assist and work with volunteers as well as set up team building sessions, being the backbone of our project, helping the personnel professionally and psychologically. You should be able to maintain finance and accounting work as well as be involved in other projects.
A successful candidate is:
- Expected to stay at least for one year;
- Is tolerant and accepting of foreign cultures and lifestyles;
- Has previous experience managing projects and people (children, in particular);
- Is independent and confident when finding themselves in a new situation, e.g. being in a foreign country and/or having to hitchhike;
- Always ready to assist and good in his/her own field;
- Detail and goal-oriented;
- An emerging leader, true team player, a sharer rather than a protector; has the ability to juggle with several matters at one time;
- With exceptional communication skills and speaks English fairly (B1) and Spanish well (B2).
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Handling newly arrived volunteers, their schedule; assisting and working together with other volunteers;
- Supervising volunteers, checking their discipline and adherence to the rules (prohibitions against alcohol consumption in public places, smoking and etc.)
- Purchasing goods and keeping the household life on track:
- Keeping the books and putting up finance reports;
- Working with vendors and suppliers in order to support the clinic’s proper functioning;
- Being a facilitator between the volunteers and local communities, dissolving problems and neutralizing conflicts;
- Preparing and giving educational lectures on public healthcare among local citizens, both children and adults.
- A place to stay and hot meals to eat free of charge;
- A letter of recommendation upon request;
- A friendly team, full of professionals;
- An opportunity to develop your skills and find out more about yourself and other people and cultures;
- Endless love and gratitude from all the locals, fellow volunteers and all over the world;
- A 6-8 hours working day, 6 days a week.
Our volunteers are provided with three meals a day (vegetarian menu) and accommodation (volunteers’ house). The contract does not offer travel or any other expenses reimbursement option. The contract offers you a six-day working week, eight hours every day. A leave is a subject to discussion. A donation to cover the basic expenses will be much appreciated. Please note that the clinic is located in a distant, away from civilization, area.
Health&Help is a demanding project: we are responsible for our volunteers, patients and everything happening at the clinic. Keeping things in order and taking care of team members is your key focus. Your detail-oriented and loving approach is essential.
Being a part of Health&Help team is an exceptional experience, which gives you the opportunity to make this world a better place at this exact moment. Don’t wait another day, apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers