Volunteer Position, 8 hrs/week: Full-Charge Bookkeeping
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Nyingma Institute in Berkeley
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1815 Highland Place
Come join the dedicated and skilled volunteer team at Nyingma Institute, a dynamic non-profit organization located in the Berkeley hills next to UC Berkeley. Work in an environment that supports mindful work and positive relationship. We have parking on site and lunch is provided. We are looking for a one-year commitment.
- Full charge bookkeeping with experience in Quickbooks Online
- Excellent Excel skills
- Budget preparation, management and forecast
- Non-profit experience preferred but not required for the right candidate
We are a community of accomplishment that has been helping to preserve the Tibetan cultural tradition for over 40 years. With our sister organization, the Yeshe De Project, we have preserved, printed and distributed for free over 5 million Tibetan texts, and many thousands of Tibetan art prints and prayer wheels, to Tibetans in exile across the Himalayan region.
We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper who is detail oriented with a positive orientation, good interpersonal skills, a good problem solver and who can both give and receive constructive feedback.
Your duties include:
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly forecasts under the direction of the Executive Director
- Perform bookkeeping transactions, including tracking unpaid bills, writing checks, preparing bank deposits and entering all transactions into QuickBooks
- Upload transactions from bank, Stripe, and PEX into QuickBooks
- Do monthly bank reconciliations for 10 accounts
- Maintain accounting files including bank reconciliations, deposit records, paid bills, etc.
- Prepare quarterly sales tax reports and payroll tax reports
- Prepare annual payroll tax reports and 1099’s
- Prepare weekly reports cash flow reports and monthly financial reports