Volunteer with REACH Beyond Domestic Violence
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by REACH Beyond Domestic Violence, Inc
A few hours per week
Would you like to support survivors, as well as our team of staff members? Volunteer in our Direct Service Volunteer Program and help create a welcoming environment for survivors with scheduled appointments, as well as provide immediate support and triage in walk-in situations. Tasks for this position vary, and include administrative duties, answering phone calls at our main office (which may include crisis intervention or hotline calls), offering emotional support, information and referrals, assistance with document preparation for court or accessing benefits (such as food stamps or housing applications), safety planning, as well as possible accompaniment with survivors. Volunteers may also be asked to help with preparations for support groups or outreach events. This role is based at our Main Office in Waltham. Bilingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Requirements and Details:
· Completion of our full training.
· Participation in an additional Hotline Training.
· A one-year commitment is required for this position.
· Hours: Morning and afternoon hours are available for this position. Shifts are from 9-1 or 1-5.
· Time commitment: volunteers are asked to commit to one 4-hour shift per week.
How To Apply
To apply, submit a volunteer application with the internship addendum completed to email@example.com. Questions may be directed to Community Engagement Specialist, Lauren Montanaro at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-891-0724 x107