A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
We are looking for a bright and connected individual to join our Communications team and manage our social media platforms. Ambassadors for Sustained Health (www.weareASH.org) is a young, volunteer-run non-profit. We're growing at a steady pace and we'd love to bring on a social media strategist to share our work through fresh, yet effective strategies.
Broaden your communications experience through platforms you know and love.
Help direct the visual branding of a small but growing organization.
Work with a team of passionate and supportive individuals.
Utilize your social media skills for good, showcasing your talents to a growing international audience.
- Collaborate with the communications team to brand our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Collect and edit photos from ASH team to correlate with ASH’s brand
- Advocate for ASH through consistent posts of powerful images and spirited captions
- Develop and implement dynamic strategies and campaigns to increase online presence and gain supporters
- Post on the platform 1-2x per week. Posts can be scheduled in advance, but consistency is required.
- You're a social media pro. You know Facebook/Twitter/Instagram like the back of your hand. You’re brilliant with the strategic use of photos, status updates and engagement with your friends to gain likes and comments. Social media experience in a professional setting preferred but not required.
- Your social media is branded and authentic. You understand the importance of branding, and your social media is curated to show your best but authentic self. You are well-versed in how often and when to post to gain the most attention.
- You work well independently and in teams. You're a self-starter with strong self-management skills, but you also appreciate the value of collaboration.
- You are passionate about global health and ASH's mission. You're interested in international development, global health, or just doing something good.
- You have your schedule down. You're a planner, and you know your schedule well enough to carve out volunteer time each week.
Our organization relies on strong leaders who know how to take initiative and build creative ideas. Volunteers can work remotely from any US city, as long as he/she is a good communicator. We welcome applications from grad students or young professionals looking to build your experience in communications or just use your skills to do something good. Fill out the volunteer application if you think you will be a good fit! Please email Volunteer Director Stephanie Ramos at stephanie@weareASH.org with any questions.
How To Apply
Fill out our Volunteer Application! In your application, please specify which platform (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) you are interested in managing, and include a link to your personal or professional profile on your platform of choice.