Volunteer administrative assistant for charity project in Guatemala
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Health&Help Medical Clinic
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
A charity organization Health&Help is looking for an Administrative Assistant, to be based in the village of Chuinajtajuyub, Totonikapan area, in Guatemala and help the organization pro bono.
Health&Help is a charity project that aims to provide the local population in remote areas of Guatemala and Nicaragua with medical services of high quality. We offer healthcare to those in need free of charge.
In this role you will be expected to assist the Administrative Coordinator in their daily job responsibilities, working with other volunteers as well as preparing team building sessions.
A successful candidate is:
- Expected to stay for at least one week;
- Is tolerant and accepting of foreign cultures and lifestyles;
- Is independent and confident when finding themselves in a new situation, e.g. being in a foreign country and/or having to hitchhike;
- Always ready to assist and good in his/her own field;
- Detail and goal-oriented;
- An emerging leader, true team player, a sharer rather than a protector; has the ability to juggle with several matters at one time;
- With exceptional communication skills and speaks English and Spanish fairly (B1).
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Handling newly arrived volunteers, their schedule; assisting and working together with other volunteers;
- Being a facilitator between the volunteers and local communities, dissolving problems and neutralizing conflicts;
- Preparing and facilitating team building events.
- A place to stay and hot meals to eat free of charge;
- A letter of recommendation upon request;
- A friendly team, full of professionals;
- An opportunity to develop your skills and find out more about yourself and other people and cultures;
- Endless love and gratitude from all the locals, fellow volunteers and all over the world;
- A 6-8 hours working day, 6 days a week.
Our volunteers are provided with three meals a day (vegetarian menu) and accommodation (volunteers’ house). The contract does not offer travel or any other expenses reimbursement option. The contract offers you a six-day working week, eight hours every day. A leave is a subject to discussion. A donation to cover the basic expenses in the amount of $600 as well as the delivery of fifteen kilograms of medical donations are expected. Please note that the clinic is located in a distant, away from civilization, area.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers