A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
P.O. Box 545934
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as an Associate Director you are required to contribute a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Associate Directors must be willing to attend virtual meetings in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- STW™ welcomes volunteers who are seeking skill-based volunteering opportunity. STW™ shall provide "letter of recommendation" to students & professionals who demonstrate outstanding contribution for professional references.
Save the Water™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct scientific water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all".
Our volunteers are professionals from a diverse background from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW™ because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in a remote/virtual platform with an open and empowering environment and provide flexibility for work-life balance.
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org
Save the Water™ is seeking a Development Associate Director: Grants to manage the Grants Campaigns with a team of enthusiastic volunteers. Develop and foster relationships with institutional funders and provide stewardship for existing donors. Strategize, develop, and implement the Grants program. Lead and coach teams by managing the day to day work as well as conducting team meetings. Assist in hiring and developing of new volunteers. If you are passionate about Fundraising and any experience Grants Development, Business Development, Marketing, Fundraising, Grants Research and Grants Writing, Content Writing and relate to our organization’s goals, then become part of our organization, then please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you will be responsible for.....
- Research, identify and apply for local, state, federal and private foundation funding sources for specific projects and programs; review grant proposals and applications prepared by other city departments for completeness, accuracy and timeliness; manage grant applications by working with various departments in the application and monitoring process to ensure successful grant awards and grant compliance.
- Provide utmost support and assistance to the Development (Fundraising) Director and be a part of the Grants Program. Design, prepare and implement grant applications. Research and compile information on grant prospects. Should have or ready to develop knowledge of fund development principles and public relations.
- Develop a grants administration work plan which includes goals, objectives and measurable workload indicators for the grants function.
- As a part of managing the grants funding portfolio, conducts research into prospects for new funding opportunities and maintains records and tracking of grant deliverables including all grant application processes from the point of cultivation to proposal submission, compliance, and reporting. The position works closely with the President & CEO and collaborates with other groups to ensure successful program design, grant writing, and budget development.
- Assist the Director of Development (Fundraising) in growing our nonprofit organization, its management & strategy
- Oversee the management of the Grants Division, supporting the director as necessary and ensuring the production of effective, high-quality proposals and reports.
- Manage and Lead a team of 5-15 volunteers, holding them accountable for their work.
- Develop & Maintain a comprehensive fundraising and donor database.
- Attend Bi-Weekly, One-on-One, and Monthly/Quarterly Meetings.
- Assist in developing standard operating procedures & documents for the Development (Fundraising) Group.
Apply Now if you have....
- Bachelor degree (or currently enrolled in a degree program) or comparable work experience (at least 5 years or more full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience).
- The Associate Director - Grants must have excellent writing skills and have a successful track record of securing grant funds in the non-profit sector. Strong writing is key to the success of this position and must be strategic, analytical, and data-informed.
- Experience securing major private and/or governmental grants; experience with foundation relations (especially in the Science and Technology Communities/Foundations, and/or tech nonprofit space); experience leading fundraising campaigns and/or soliciting donations from individuals, corporate, etc.
- Experience in creating successful direct mail, marketing materials, online giving appeals including social media, and campaigns including integration of e-commerce platform for the payment gateway.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with fundraising databases and best practices.
- Minimum 5+ years of fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience
Candidates from backgrounds like Marketing & Sales, Business Development, Corporate Communication, Content Writers, Project Managers, Grant Writers, Partnership are welcome to apply.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Keywords:Director, Fundraising, Gifts, Non-Profit, Donation, Donor, Grants, Development, Business Development, Online, Digital, Events, Charity, Sales, Marketing, Online, Remote, Campaign,partnerships, project management, Water, environment, volunteer