Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
872 East Front Street
Founded in 2005, Paso Pacífico aims to restore and protect endangered dry tropical forest and coastal ecosystems in Nicaragua. By working with local communities, landowners, and partner organizations, we restore and protect the habitats that form building blocks for wildlife corridors. Paso Pacífico is led by Executive Director and Ashoka Fellow Sarah Otterstrom.
We are looking for an online communications intern to assist in improving the organization’s online presence by updating profiles on platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and other various websites. Additionally, this intern will create an interactive map that will be uploaded to the Paso Pacifico website. An ideal applicant will have strong communication and research skills as well as working knowledge of social media. This intern must be proficient in computer usage. Those looking to gain valuable experience in online networking with an established organization are encouraged to apply. This is an unpaid internship.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the on-site Data Manager to update online profiles
- Capture, analyze, and apply appropriate social metrics, insights, and best practices
- Create an interactive map outlining regional projects in Nicaragua. This will be placed on the Paso Pacifico website.
- Research projects and issues related to social media and blog posts
Required Skills and Characteristics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of Google My Maps, ArcGIS, or other mapping program
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Positive attitude, creativity, and willingness to learn
- Pays attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Characteristics
- Spanish (basic to fluent)
- Background knowledge in issues of biodiversity conservation and community development
- Intermediate to advanced Photoshop (or similar image editing program)
- Experience in social media and/or marketing
How To Apply
Please email resume and general availability to email@example.com