Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
35755 Hauser Bridge Road
We are looking for a passionate food enthusiast! Ratna Ling Retreat Center is an intentional community located in the beautiful coastal redwoods of Northern California. Grounded in the teachings of Tibetan Buddhism, Ratna Ling offers residential volunteers the opportunity for self-exploration and growth while living and working in a community setting. We are located in the beautiful coastal redwoods of Sonoma County in Northern California. This 6-month residential volunteer opportunity allows your skills and enthusiasm to flourish. No religious affiliation necessary. Couples are free to apply.
As a volunteer kitchen apprentice, your duties will include:
- Assist with meal and menu planning
- Support kitchen organization as part of a team to produce quality vegetarian meals.
- Work creatively with fresh organic ingredients that will satisfy your senses.
- Opportunity to work in our large organic gardens and assist with planning, planting and harvesting.
As a Ratna Ling Volunteer you will receive:
- Living allowance of $150 per month.
- Housing in modern cabins (2 person occupancy) with a private bath, outdoor deck and gas fireplace.
- Free laundry facilities, WI-FI and domestic phone calls.
- Delicious vegetarian meals prepared six days per week
- Evening classes covering a variety of Buddhist studies; guided and self-study options
- Opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued.
- Clean, fresh air, wide open spaces, natural beauty, close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean.
-The support of a caring, actively engaged community that encourages and builds meaningful interpersonal relationships.
As part of our program, volunteers have the opportunity to participate in classes related to Buddhist practice and study in the areas of Skillful Means (how work can be a path to inner knowledge), Kum Nye (a style of Tibetan yogic practices), Buddhist history and philosophy, Meditation and more. Some classes are guided, while others are considered self-study, with materials provided.
We are seeking people who have a sincere interest in Buddhism and exploring work as a path to inner freedom. Our weekly schedule is rigorous (6 days a week) and rewarding!
Visit our website at volunteer.ratnaling.org for more information and to find our application. You can also find us on Facebook at Ratna Ling Volunteer.
Submit application and resume to email@example.com.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers