Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Do you have a love for Aviation and desire to see the next generation become involved in using their aviation skills to support Bible translation in the most remote and difficult locations on earth? You can put that love and interest to work for God’s kingdom!
Do you have practical administrative skills, organizational ability, and the ability to communicate clearly? Be part of the Aviation Hangar team, working in the office and welcoming others.
Welcome and assist visitors and callers. Support the hangar staff with administrative tasks.
· For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
· Twenty hours per week
· Weekday afternoons, 1:00–5:00 p.m.
· Able to work in the US
· Greet and assist visitors
· Answer phones in a kind, professional manner, and transfer to appropriate staff
· Make general Hangar announcements over intercom
· Distribute mail and process packages
· Maintain supplies, copier, coffee, and lights in the office
· Relay prayer requests and relevant JAARS Center Messages
· Update staff vacation and out-of-office calendar
· Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
· Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
· Enjoy people
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Organizational skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps
Education and Experience
· Familiar with JAARS policy manual and Hangar operations
· Two or more years of related experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Works comfortably in cross-cultural situations
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps
· Overseas missions field experience is a plus
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
Proof of health insurance
Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020