A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
2677 North Main Street
Make a positive difference in someone's life by serving as a Patient Care Volunteer! Patient Care Volunteers play an essential role in providing the patient and/or family with important emotional support and companionship. You will be visiting patients in their own residences, at assisted living facilities, or nursing facilities.
Please note that you will not be helping the patient with any type of medical care, medical assistance, and/or personal hygiene care. You are there to be a new friend and bring a smile to their face!
- Provide companionship through visiting, watching TV, scrap-booking, talking, active listening, bedside sitting, letter writing, reading, etc.
- Take interest in the patient by engaging with him/her in sharing hobbies, gardening, table games, cards, crafts, listening to music, watching movies, discussing sports, travel, life stories
- Provide patient's caregiver and/or family with respite care in 2-4 hour blocks of time so that they can have a little break
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information related to patient and family
- Compassionate, reliable, punctual
- Good listener
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Must be able to pass background check and drug test
- Bilingual a plus
Volunteers provide individualized care and support that is unique to each patient and family needs. If you are looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity then we'd love to hear from you.
We are seeking volunteers for both Los Angeles and Orange County.
To volunteer please call Emily Sparks - Volunteer Program Coordinator (949) 629-0220
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Emily Sparks, at (949) 629-0220 or send her an email if you're interested in this opportunity.