AmeriCorps Volunteer Center Intern United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by ShoreCorps - AmeriCorps
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1101 Camden Avenue
The Volunteer Center Intern is a temporary, half-time AmeriCorps position in partnership with ShoreCorps at Salisbury University, available for the AmeriCorps service year of August 15, 2018 – August 14, 2019. The position is up to 900 hours of service (approx. 20 hrs/wk) to be completed during the service year. It is preferred that applicants are available during the entire service year. Days and hours of service are to be determined based on mutual agreement by the selected candidate and UWLES.
The position includes a bi-weekly, pre-tax stipend of $252.08, and a $2,960 education award, both paid through ShoreCorps, for the AmeriCorps member to use for educational costs (tuition, books, etc.) or applied toward federal student loans. AmeriCorps members over age 55 may gift the award to a child or grandchild.
This position reports to the Community Impact Director at UWLES and the Program Coordinator with ShoreCorps at Salisbury University. Minimum requirements to serve as AmeriCorps:
- Must be 18 or over
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be available biweekly on Thursdays from 9:30 am – 12:15 pm for mandatory, no cost AmeriCorps training (this also provides credits for Fall and Spring semesters, as applicable for college students).
- Have a valid US Birth Certificate or US Passport as proof of citizenship or permanent residency.
- Must pass a state and federal criminal history check (at no cost to applicant).
The primary duties will include:
- Supporting the Community Impact Director and UWLES staff with Volunteer Center services including:
- Research, recruitment, training and support for Lower Shore nonprofit agencies to aid in the growth and quality of their volunteer programs to include:
- Maximizing use of UWLES’ Get Connected online tool, and providing technical support for nonprofit users
- Volunteer Engagement best practices
- Outreach and follow up with nonprofit users
- Assist in the creation and distribution of Get Connected Volunteer Center marketing materials.
- Promote and support general public and student users of Get Connected, to grow community wide volunteer engagement with local nonprofits.
- Assist with planning and facilitating volunteer opportunities for community, student and/or corporate groups with local nonprofits.
- Assist with assessments, data collection and tracking of volunteer center outcomes.
- Assist with planning and execution of initiatives such as the National Folk Festival, MD Day to Serve, and Be the Difference Day, to support and promote community wide service projects.
- Supporting UWLES staff with varied projects, including but not limited to, administrative support, campaign preparation, direct mail projects, donor appreciation, special events, marketing/outreach, and support for community initiatives.
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. An application can be downloaded from the ShoreCorps web site: www.salisbury.edu/americorps/Member-info.html
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please visit the website for a copy of the member application!