Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
This international volunteer project takes place in Serpins, a town located 25 km from the city of Coimbra.
We'd like to promote the environmental and historical heritage of the parish of Serpins, to revitalize a waterfront trail that disappeared in the fire of October 2017, to raise awareness of the environmental consequences of invasive plants and promote plantation of native species.
The volunteer in this project will work on:
• Cutting small trees using hand tools
• Storage and transportation of small logs
• Restoration of a trail that was destroyed by the fire
• Organizing activities with the local community
• Cutting acacia shoots (invasive plant) as a way to stop their growth
• Preparing a plot of land for future planting of native species
In the free time, the group will have the opportunity to get to know Coimbra and the old University, the river beaches in Lousã and in the evenings participate in some cultural activities with the local community.
Project language: English
Project dates: July 16 - July 27, 2018
Find out more about this and other volunteer opportunities in Portugal at: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-portugal
For programs in other countries check out: http://cadip.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Apply online through Cadip's website: http://cadip.org