1100 E 18th Ave
Volunteer play a vital role in Metro Caring success and serve in a variety of rewarding and flexible ways. Specifically volunteer are welcome to serve as
- Market Assistant: This position will help participants select food items while they shop in our market. It is a customer service focused position and is great for volunteers who want to interact with participants.
- Warehouse Assistant: Volunteers in our warehouse will help will help inspect, clean, sort and box food donation deliverers. This area does not require heavy lifting. It is also a great experience for group who want to work together.
- Welcome Desk Assistant: This position is the face of Metro Caring. Volunteers will greats participant as they enter, check in participants, schedules appointments, and answers phones. It is a customer service focused position and is great for volunteers who want to interact with participants.
- Nutrition Education: This positions is for those with interest and experience in nutrition. Using a previously developed nutrition curriculum, these educators offer brief nutrition classes to children or adults.
- Gardening Education: For those with a green thumb, this position will help in our greenhouse and garden.
- Community Navigator: This positions is a long term volunteer opportunity and serves as a level 1 case manager for participants. Specially they will, meet one-on-one with participants to conduct a needs assessment and connect participants with Metro Caring’s services and offer resources and referrals to outside agencies when necessary.
Volunteer schedules are flexible and fall within the hours of 9am-4pm Monday through Friday and Tuesday evenings from 5:30pm-8:30pm. There are also one-time group opportunities. We are conveniently located in uptown Denver.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers