Volunteer Associate - ReStore North
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge ReStore
4301 Airline Highway
The ReStore depends on enthusiastic volunteers to keep costs low and help generate profit which directly impacts Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge. Whether you enjoy interacting with the customers or prefer to remain behind the scenes, chances are we have a volunteer opportunity fit just for you!
No retail experience is necessary, just a willingness to work and be a part of Habitat's mission!
Volunteer activities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeing customers as they arrive into the store.
- Assisting and answering customer’s questions about merchandise or ReStore policies.
- Assiting with loading or unloading donations from donor vehicle or ReStore truck.
- Inspecting and approving donations, ensuring they meet ReStore donation guidelines.
- Cleaning, organizing, and stocking merchandise display shelves and items.
- Creating attractive and unique visual displays for various departments.
- Maintaining departmental organization and cleanlines of aisles.
- Fixing or testing applicances, tools, machines, electronics, and lighting fixtures.
- Refurbishing or repairing furniture.
- Sorting through donations that are not sold to determine if they can be recycled.
- Pricing and tagging merchandise.
- Being Awesome!
Volunteer Shifts Available
We typically schedule four hour shifts, but are very flexible! Volunteers are needed Tuesday-Saturday.
Volunteer Contact Information
4301 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge, LA
Ronny Lockett, Manager
How To Apply
Please contact the ReStore Manager.