Income Generation & Marketing
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Without empowered women a community cannot be empowered and to become empowered women must be a part of the economy, with access to income. VIN’s Income Generation Program (IGP) was implemented to support the women of marginalised communities to generate sustainable income through agricultural and non-agricultural ventures.
Nepal is one of the world’s poorest nations. While it is estimated that 40% of its women are economically active*, their roles as manual labourers are disregarded. Access to education is limited by poverty and gender discrimination, meaning are women confined to menial jobs within subsistence farming and without knowledge and credit, they are unable to change this situation.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.