Director of Scholarship Program
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP)
P.O. Box 5096
National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP)
This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: Director of Scholarship Program
Reports to: Director of Programs
Open Positions: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for a qualified professional to serve as Director of Scholarship Program (DSP). The ideal candidate is a team player that will play a key role in providing competitive scholarships to students focused on strategies to promote civic engagement and economic empowerment for Haiti and its global Diaspora.
The DSP manages scholarship donor agreements and determines the amount of NAAHP's scholarship awards. In collaboration with Director of Development monitors compliance with sponsorship and donor agreement guidelines and negotiates changes to guidelines when appropriate in order to award scholarships, manages the scholarship notification and donor thank you process, and reports on privately funded scholarships, corporate giving and member contributions. This person will be responsible to contact potential donors to solicit fund to give to the program and also solicit donors to create a scholarship endowment in their name. This position will report to the Director of Programs
- Oversee the entire Scholarship operation, supervise and administer scholarship awards and ensure timely awarding of all scholarships while maintaining in compliance with State, Federal and Institutional regulations.
- Develops annual scholarship budget projections in coordination with the Finance Manager and is responsible for tracking scholarship expenditures.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to raise funding for the scholarship program.
- Update existing donors all affairs regarding the scholarship program .
- Coordinates with other offices to organize and administer special events associated with the administration of the scholarship program and arranges for Executive team to represent the NAAHP at events where scholarship awards are presented
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Scholarship Committee and provides analysis and recommendations to the committee for consideration in the development of scholarship programs
- Oversee the development and management of online applications and application data.
- Maintain scholarships budgets and reconcile all accounts, prepare budget report on a timely basis.
- Provide support for scholarship events
- Ensure maintenance of student and alumni records
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with minimum of 4 years' related experience., Master's degree preferred
- Strong experience in working with and supporting senior executives with demonstrated expertise in anticipating and fulfilling the needs and priorities:
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to apply accounting principles, knowledge of fund accounting, ability to draft financial projections and budgets, ability to present financial concepts, reports and information to management
- Knowledge and compliance of internal controls
- Sound judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Professional and positive customer service-driven approach
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be comfortable working within a startup environment subject to ambiguity and change