Times of day
A few hours per month
Brooklyn Botanic Garden
1000 Washington Ave.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is looking for group of volunteers to assist during our Sakura Matsuri Festival - a celebration of spring, cherry blossoms, and traditional and contemporary Japanese culture, on April 28 and 29.
All applicants must attend a group interview and orientation session, on either Tuesday, April 10 from 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. or Saturday, April 14 from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
All shifts will be approximately 5 hours on Saturday, April 28 or Sunday, April 29.
- Welcome visitors at the entrances.
- Assist with crowd control.
- Direct visitors to correct lines (members, ticket buyers, ticket holders).
- Answer questions regarding ticket prices, complimentary admission policies, membership, corporate members, etc.
- Answer general-information questions about BBG.
- Direct visitors to various locations throughout the Garden
- Highly energetic and physically fit-shifts will be spent standing/walking
- Knowledgeable about the Garden
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Enjoy working in a busy and sometimes hectic atmosphere
For information on the Sakura Matsuri Festival:
How To Apply
Choose the "Festival & Event Greeter" position on the application.