A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1001 North Park Drive
Brandywine Zoo is looking for a zoo enthusiast that can be on-the-ground during our open hours with preference for weekend days all year round and any days in the summer that could engage our guests about their experience and have them fill out a 5-10 question survey. Fall and Spring volunteers are continuing the on-the-ground work of the summer volunteers and giving us a full year round view of trends, engagement and data reporting. A Winter term volunteer for this position would be pooling data together.
This Opportunity is GOOD for People Who:
- Enjoy talking with others in an exciting and engaging manner.
- Like meeting new people.
- Want to be an ambassador for the zoo.
- Are independent, self-motivated, and require minimal supervision.
- Like to interact with both children and adults.
- 14 years of age or older.
- Must be fluent in the English language (verbal and written communication).
- Able to professionally represent the Brandywine Zoo in all interactions with visitors, staff, and other members of the community that may visit the zoo.
- Able and willing to read and follow verbal and written work instructions and work independently.
- Able and willing to speak in front of mixed age audiences
How To Apply
STEPS TO BECOMING A VOLUNTEER
STEP 1: APPLY VIA VOLGISTICS
Complete the DE State Parks online Volunteer Application. Be sure to select the positions at the Zoo that interest you when completing this application. Volunteer group leaders should complete this form, too.
STEP 2: VETTING (INTERVIEW & BACKGROUND CHECK)
The Volunteer Manager at the Brandywine Zoo will be in contact with you shortly. Volunteers 16+ are subject to passing a background check; if under 18, parents/guardians must sign.
STEP 3: REGISTER FOR VOLUNTEERMARK
VolunteerMark is our comprehensive volunteer scheduler that is preloaded with all our volunteer positions and exact shift times available (iOS and Android app available!). Go to our public profile to register: volunteermark.com/brandywine-zoo
Estimated wait time to get into the zoo as a Volunteer process is 1-2 weeks. So hang tight!